Monday, October 13, 2008

Goofing off Monday

Enjoying my Monday off. Got Steve off to work and then headed back for bed to close my eyes for a bit. I have to get up early with him because he makes so much noise getting ready for work so it's better to get up and then head back when he leaves. However, Steve came back after about an hour because he forgot his shot and I couldn't convince him to play hooky so off he went again. So then I headed downstairs to jump on the computer and see what's happening in the world. So far the Dow is up quite a bit.

I finished THE WHISKEY REBELS by David Liss last night. Very full of intrigues and counter-intrigues based on actual history shortly after the signing of the Constitution. The two storylines met up right when I was getting to the point of wanting to skim ahead in the story thus bringing my attention and interest back. I wonder if there will be another book featuring Saunders and Lavian down the road? This book was also interesting in talking about how the banking system was brought into being in the US and how speculating on the markets was abused even from the beginning reflecting perhaps what is going on now with too much credit and playing with money that isn't really there and catering to the wealthy at the expense of the working class.

So now I'm back to THE CHARDONNAY CHARADE by Ellen Crosby. If you recall an earlier posting, this is the second in the series featuring an amateur sleuth in Virginia wine country. Not too cosy-ish but definitely not hard boiled.

Tonight I've got Chuck and Jon & Kate Plus 8 to watch on tv. I've got to vacuum still today and clothes laundry to get done. I was so wiped out yesterday after the long day and then shoveling that I didn't get much done chores-wise other than bedding and towels laundry.

I don't have anywhere to go today as far as I can tell. Tug and I will probably take naps and then go for a walk this afternoon. It's cold again today though I think the snow has stopped. It seems like there was some melting going on yesterday but I'm sure it was slick driving this morning for travelers. It's supposed by 60 by Friday. Crazy.

I don't know yet what to make for dinner but I suppose if anything needs to defrost I'd better decide soon. Otherwise, I'm surfing the Net and then doing some reading ... all. day. long. Bwahahahhaa!

Happy reading,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: