Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Second day of the new world

Steve and I had an appointment with an RN in association with Steve's diabetic doctor. He got a new blood sugar tester and Steve said he's going to do the checking 3 or 4 times a day. He goes back in three weeks. I'm very proud of him.

I got signed up for unemployment benefits. I just hate that I'm adding to the statistics for the week of jobless claims. I had to give a statement of the facts from my side. Benefits won't kick in for a couple weeks and they have to investigate the claim now with the dumper. I've got a line on another job so I'll be sending a resume. So day two is winding up.

Still a lot of things to do and I think tomorrow will be a better day to do so.

Right now I'm outside on the deck and Tug is lying here and keeping on eye on the backyard neighborhood, occasionally barking or aroo-ing. Tonight I'm making scallops for dinner. I don't think there's anything on TV so I can get my homework reading done (fingers crossed). Otherwise, I will continue reading the histmyst by Clare.

Tomorrow, I've got a lot to cross off my list of things to do. Not working, but I'm busy busy busy!

Happy reading,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: