Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Excuse me, I'm reading


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Booksquare found at http://booksquare.com/. "Dissecting the publishing industry with love and skepticism."


Not much to talk about so here's a meme:


Library Habits Meme! It asks:


1.) If you don’t frequent your local library, why not?

I do go to my library; I work it hard for new releases.


2.) If you do visit the library, how often do you go?

Well, when I am in better health, I typically go once a week.


3.) Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?

I usually go with an agenda such as picking up a hold but when I browse I go to the new releases area first. My library doesn't segregate by genre.


4.) How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?Permanent patrons may have up to 12 items in each audiovisual format checked out at a time and up to 50 total items in all formats checked out at a time. In the past I've checked out a lot of books but I've never reached the limit at one time.


5.) How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?

14 days for new releases; 28 days for older books. Once can renew up to three times if the item isn't being requested by someone else.


6.) How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?

Oops, answered it in previous question.


7.) What do you love best about your particular library?

That it is there.


8.) What is one thing you wish your library did differently?

I have heard that other libraries have audiobooks available via online download. That would be very nice.


9.) Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?

Online.


10.) Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?

I'm sure I have but I don't remember.


I've been going to my library since we moved here when I was a kid, what, five years old. It has been and always will be a given in my life. Unfortunately, every attempt to get more money via mill levy has been shot down by the voters therefore it is definitely showing its age. But they make do because they have to.


The result of the biopsy is inflammation/infection in the kidneys probably brought on by either the cellulitis or the antibiotics. The doctor, after labs next week, will decide if I need to go back on Prednisone to help. Otherwise, it looks like the better I get in other things, the better this will get.


Tonight, I don't think there's anything on tv but I haven't really looked yet; Steve has shooting. Would be nice to read some more. I'd like to finish the Dean and move along in Mt. TBR.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

LadyPI said...

I just love the photo you have for this post. Where do you find them?

PK the Bookeemonster said...

I'm sorry I don't remember where I got him. I usually do a google search on keywords to find the photo of the day to suit my mood. This one may have been "animals and reading." Thanks for noticing!