Saturday, August 1, 2009

Resting can cause wrinkles


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Passages to the Past found at http://passagestothepast.blogspot.com/.



I will be starting THE REISLING RETRIBUTION by Ellen Crosby today. Three books came loose from the library -- early, because they're not due to be released from the publisher until Tuesday -- and they will be delivered here shortly .... more on that later. This book is 4th of 4 in series featuring Lucie Montgomery, operating her family’s winery in Virginia. Here is a description:



When a tornado rips through Montgomery Estate Vineyard, it not only destroys some of Lucie Montgomery's newest grapevines but also unearths a grave in an abandoned field. The discovery sets tongues wagging in the small town of Atoka, Virginia, especially after the police inform Lucie that the odds are good someone in her family is responsible -- possibly for murder. But Lucie has more to worry about than family secrets buried with the victim in her vineyard. Her charming new farm manager clashes constantly with Quinn Santori, her winemaker, and accidents, broken equipment, and injuries fuel the combustible atmosphere around the winery. Lucie's complicated feelings for Quinn -- romantic and professional -- are tested when she learns he may be involved in disturbing activities that could cost him his job. Meanwhile, Lucie has granted permission to a group of Civil War reenactors to use a field near the grave site to stage the local Battle of Ball's Bluff, though she is unsettled by stories of ghosts who still haunt the real battlefield and its cemetery of unknown soldiers. As the day for the reenactment draws near, the ghosts of her own family's past converge for an outcome she could never have anticipated.
This book has 272 pages. This is a cozy-ish series but very good actually.


The other books from the library are CHAMBERS OF DEATH by Priscilla Royal and SECRET OF THE SEVENTH SON by Glenn Cooper.


So yesterday I had the kidney biopsy; I won't tell you about the multiple trips through the CAT scan or the auger-type needle thing to get the samples or the six hour recovery time. BO-RING! I'll get results on Monday. In the meantime I'm supposed to "make like a vegetable" to quote my doctor, for the next three days. So when I saw the books available at the library this morning I asked Mom if she could get them for me and of course a trip to the library is always a good thing in my family.


So now I'm reading and relaxing the rest of the day. Sounds lovely .. except I have to have my leg elevated and be aware of any pains in my back/kidney area. Ohboy. All of this will pass someday. :)


Have a great Saturday!


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: