Monday, August 17, 2009

Fair with a touch of cranky today ...


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is I Read Therefore I Am found at http://wpbookreviews.livejournal.com/. " Looks like some good and regular reviews there.


Finished DEATH ON THE ROMNEY MARSH by Deryn Lake. Another satisfying entry in the series, however, I swear the main character, John Rawlings, just blabs to everyone what he's doing and what he's thinking about the case he works on to anyone and everyone. The man cannot keep a thing to himself. And apparently he chats to the right people because it does not come back on him.


Currently reading THE GRIM REAPER by Bernard Knight. This is 6th of 13 in series featuring Sir John de Wolfe, the crowner (coroner), in 12th century Devon, England. Here is a description:



May, 1195. Sir John de Wolfe is summoned at dawn to inspect a corpse that has been discovered in Exeter's cathedral precinct. Aaron of Salisbury, a Jewish money-lender, has been found dead, his head enveloped in a brown leather money bag, a scrap of folded parchment clutched in his hand. On it is written: "And Jesus went into the temple and overthrew the tables of the money-changers." This is just the beginning of a strange series of murders in which an apt biblical text is left at the scene of the crime. Setting out to track down a literate and Bible-learned killer in an age when only one percent of the population can read or write, Sir John deduces that he is looking for a homicidal priest.
It was published in 2002 and has 351 pages.


I am tapping my foot expectantly for SAND SHARKS by Margaret Maron. Funny, my library released two books last week a week early and is holding on to one that came out last week and should have been here by now. Oy, how they vex me.


Steve has another orienation meeting to participate in tonight at the gun club. I am beginning to get really restless wanting to get back to my regular activities but anxiety over my cellulitis -- because I feel it is not entirely gone -- is keeping me from being out and about. I want to walk Tug so I know that it will happen every day and I get some exercise. I am also anxious to be getting back to working -- the job I want doesn't close until next week. So patience, I know, I know, is needed in all things. It's been two months. (sigh)


The Closer is on tonight but I'm getting a bit tired with the same old stuff from that show. It used to be rather clever and now it has lost it's edge.


This week: I need to get groceries, I have doctor's appointment and hair cut on Wednesday, whenever the library shakes loose the hold on the Maron I'll stop by there, I have to send some books via paperbackswap so I have to go to the post office by Friday ....


Much love

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: