Monday, August 31, 2009

It's Monday...


Today's Blog/Website of the day is Working Stiffs found at http://workingstiffs.blogspot.com/.


I'm currently reading THE STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL TALE OF MISS PERCY PARKER by Leanna Renee Heiber. This is a debut cross-genre novel; it's labeled a "historical fantasy" but the author is making rounds on mystery blogs as well. Here's a description:


What fortune awaited sweet, timid Percy Parker at Athens Academy? Considering how few of Queen Victoria’s Londoners knew of it, the great Romanesque fortress was dreadfully imposing, and little could Percy guess what lay inside. She had never met the powerful and mysterious Professor Alexi Rychman, knew nothing of the growing shadow, the Ripper and other supernatural terrors against which his coterie stood guard. She knew simply that she was different, haunted, with her snow-white hair, pearlescent skin and uncanny gifts. But this arched stone doorway offered a portal to a new life, an education far from the convent—and an invitation to an intimate yet dangerous dance at the threshold of life and death….

It was just published and has 324 pages. This is one of the two books I won at www. murderti.com. I will probably finish it either tonight or tomorrow and I'll give you my opinion.


Steve is going to walk Tug tonight and I'll take over the next couple days. On tv tonight is Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations and Paranormal State. Pretty quiet today; read a bit, surfed the net a bit, and worked a little on a project.


It's almost 5:00 now and getting overcast. I wonder if we'll get a storm or if it will pass over like it usually does. Tug and I sat out on the deck for a little bit today when the weather was perfect, not too hot not too cool. I've heard the first of geese making their Fall flyover. I love Autumn; it's my favorite season.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: