Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Purple Mountains' Majesty ... hold the pose, still filming...


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is the Literate Housewife Review found at http://literatehousewife.com/.


An extremely quiet Tuesday. Last night I had what felt like an allergy situation: nonstop sneezing, leaky nose, and stuffed head. I took a Zyrtec at bedtime which may have helped; the medication caught up with me this afternoon so I had to take a nap. Lost a couple hours there! School started today so it was back to being rather quiet in the neighborhood.


I watched the Anthony Bourdain No Reservations last night that featured Livingston, MT. It was a love letter to Montana. You have to understand that Livingston is a very small town but is the "gateway" so to speak to a very beautiful valley, Paradise Valley, on the way to Yellowstone National Park and is home to many millionaires/celebrities. Bourdain went there mainly to hang out with his hero, author Jim Harrison. He also got to hang out with artist Russell Chatham. And of course he fly fished because that's what you do there ever since the movie A River Runs Through It was filmed there. And I'm sorry to say they had a couple guys riding horses in town and and then later the horses were tied up at the bar -- sorry, not real. They had beautiful shots of the Absaroka mountain range -- very popular in movies. It was sentimental and I'm glad he had a good time, but it was romanticised and not a true picture of Montana. It was movie Montana.


My library (finally) just added the download an audiobook feature on its website. Looks like the selection is rather limited in its beginning stages -- yes, I read outside the bestseller norm -- but it will be convenient when it is better stocked. I can maybe get caught up on the backlist of authors like Grafton and so forth. One can check out five at a time I think. Very nice.


Sorry so short; that nap took out a chunk of my day. I have to shuck some corn on the cob (getting weary of it now) and figure out what to have with it. Steve should be home soon and will hopefully walk Tug. On tv, I have to remember to watch Masters of Reception on TLC.
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: