Friday, August 28, 2009

Oh mighty Friday we have toiled all week ...


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is At Home with Books found at http://athomewithbooks.blogspot.com/.


I'm currently reading A PLAGUE OF POISON by Maureen Ash. This is 3rd of four in series featuring Bascot de Marins, a Templar Knight recovering from imprisonment in the holy lands, in the early 1200s, in England. Description:



When a cake kills a squire and traced to tainted honey, the castle governor enlists the help of Templar Bascot de Marins. But as murder spreads beyond the castle walls, he wonders if it is in fact the work of a lethal master of poisons.
It was published in 2009 and has 304 pages.


I was out and about for a bit today. I went to the post office to mail off six books for paperbackswap.com, picked up Bookpages free publication at the library, saw Dr. McGuire, had lunch with Jody at Red Robin (we both had the Fajita Fiesta Pollo salad) for her birthday, and walked with Tug in the field for about 20 minutes.


Re: Dr. McGuire. The lab results were not spectacular but they're going in the right directions. She's not putting me on any medications and will see me again in a month for (hopefully) more dramatic improvement.


I received the books I won from www.murderati.com today. Woo hoo! They are CHARMED AND DANGEROUS by Toni McGee Causey and THE STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL TALE OF MISS PERCY PARKER by Leanna Renee Hieber. So excited. (yes, Mom, you can read them when I'm finished). I've heard good things about both. So, decision time: do I finished the Ash that I started and well into or do I go for the new ones?


Note to self: don't forget about the eggs for the potato salad boiling on the stove; it smells bad if you do. Right.


Tonight if things go well we will watch the DVD of Defiance starring blond Bond, Daniel Craig. Mmmmm... sorry, I was off trying to decide which scene I liked best, in a tux or that lovely almost-50s feel when he went to the resort and of course there's the one when he's actually in the water... If we don't manage to get it watched then I'll probably read.


No plans for the weekend other than the usual. Lots to read and some cleaning to do. Same old same old.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

1 comment:

Alyce said...

I just saw your comment on my contest and had to come check out your blog. I was surprised to find my blog featured as the blog of the day on this post. Very cool!

I also love the "Om nom nom nom" under your icon/picture. :)