Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh, Friday! You came at last!



Again, it is Friday. Even with missing a day of work this week, it seemed a long one.

It has snowed today though nothing is sticking to the ground of course. But it has stayed in the 30s in temperature and has been dark. It would have been a good day to stay home. Feeling a little under the weather, I think tonight we’ll have soup and grilled chilled as we watch Say Yes to the Dress and Camelot.

I haven’t been able to really decide what to read next so by default and in need of fluffy, I’ve started SWEET REVENGE by Andrea Penrose, a debut historical mystery being labeled as “A Lady Arianna Regency Mystery”. Here’s a description:




England, 1813: Lady Arianna Hadley acts the part of a French chef in one of London's aristocratic households to find her father's murderer. But when the Prince Regent falls ill after consuming Arianna's special chocolate dessert, she finds herself at the center of a scandal. It soon becomes clear that someone is looking to plunge England into chaos-and Arianna to the bottom of the Thames...

It was published this month and has 336 pages. I have it on the Kindle. While I need something fluffy, I hope it isn’t insipid. There’s a difference.

This weekend I have several things to work on: I hope to finish the first draft of the May issue, I need to do some more job hunting, I need to figure out the next writing project, I need to do the usual cleaning-ish things.



I'm going to make a cup of tea I think. Have a cozy evening.


Much love,


PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: