Saturday, April 2, 2011

That is, eat the frosting first ... and then nap.


I've been having a good day.


Oh, before I go into that, Steve liked the taco soup. He likes it! Hey Mikey! Yes, I liked it too and will probably have it for leftovers tonight.


So, anywhoo, I slept in until almost 8 when Steve blasted the tv to announce to the world that he was up and had to get ready for his shooting class, therefore everyone else must get up, too. He's like that; always has and always will.


Holy cow!! we are having a monster wind storm right now. I was out in it but now inside and it just sounds horrible. I can take rain, I can take snow but I hate wind. The sound just gets on my nerves.


Anyway, I got my May issue started. I ran errands around noon; Steve had asked me to pick up a prescription for him but I decided to stop by a book sale that a church has twice a year. It was the last day of the sale and I stayed long enough for them to announce that the books were now $2 a bag. Woot! I was still picky but still found some things, of course. In the past, I have found some good things there and the last time they had some DUNE books in hardcover which put me right back to junior high when I remember finding them for the first time at the library at Lewis and Clark Junior High. Today, they did it again. Now, as a book addict, I look at pretty much everything. So I was back in the textbooks area -- yes I look at textbooks too -- and I came across the textbook we used in my 8th grade English class! I've been accused of being the grammar police and this is the book that did it! I even recognize one of the names written on the inside cover. Wouldn't that have been a hoot if it had my own name, eh? Yes, I took it with me. That text is etched in my memory. And so is Miss Price who taught the class. I'd say I was at the sale for an hour and a half. That's pretty good for me.


We watched Camelot last night. We had seen the first episode previously in a sneek preview but this was two episodes. Man, the actor I like got killed off in episode two. He was playing Lot and I fell in lurv with him when he played Marc Antony in the miniseries Rome. Back to Camelot, I have to say, don't piss off Morgan; she is one psycho messed up chick. The makers of this miniseries are playing with the mythology of Arthur. The biggest one that I can see is that they are inverting the love triangle. It appears that Arthur will be stealing Guenivere away from Leontes (they're call him that instead of Lancelot). Excalibur is being called the Sword of Mars and was in a rock at the top of a waterfall. Still don't like the blond Arthur but there it is. I still think the movie Excalibur is the best of them all.


Tonight, nothing on TV that I can recall. Steve will be home later from the shooting class. I've got laundry to shift around and vacuuming and more newsletter work.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: