Monday, April 4, 2011

Tomato/tomahto


Oooohhhkayyy, add PBS to the party on Sunday nights. A sequel of sorts of Upstairs/Downstairs starts this Sunday the 10th. Soooo, if you're keeping track, I have one minseries on Friday, this Sunday I will have three and the Sunday after that I will have four. IhatethemIhatethemall.


I watched The Killing last night. This is the one on AMC, the same channel that now does original programming like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and my beloved but cancelled Rubicon. They premiered with the first two episodes of The Killing which is a good idea because it is going to be a slow moving storyline. This is the one based on the fantastically popular version on Danish TV. Adapted to the US audience, this tells the story of the investigation into who killed Rosie, a 17-year-old girl in Seattle. The POV character is a female cop who caught the case on her last day before she was supposed to move with her son to California to be with her fiance. There are many threads going on here: the cops and their investigation, the agony that the family is going through dealing first with their missing daughter and now murdered, the secrets of high school kids, and the candidate for mayor and his campaign people who are involved somehow because Rosie's body was found in one of their vehicles and the election is only a month away.


The Borgias premiered last night too but it will be easier for me to catch that on On Demand or online. Maybe tonight.


But I also need to be working on my writing assignment for the week. I have an idea I just need to arrange and then do an interview first. I have a target publication in mind which would put the needed word count at 1200 to 1500 so not too crazy.


I've also got to start the next festival book but I'm also going back to one I started previously, THE ABBOT'S GIBBET by Michael Jecks. I've got to make better progress in that series because there are so many in it.


Have a lovely evening....


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: