Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday


Been a couple days. Thursday I had my class and last night I had a haircut that went over time and then dinner to make and tv to watch until 9. Busy busy!


I got my article in rough shape for the class on Thursday. The bones are there but needs polishing. I interviewed a really neat lady named Bernice Hash who has been teaching hunter education and other gun classes for 30 years. I will work on the article later and submit it to a local women's mag. I now need to work on another writing project for this coming Thursday. My plan is to get projects going, get feedback from the class on each of them while I'm doing the class -- using it while it's there -- and then complete things later based on the feedback.


We watched Camelot last night. Ah, the seeds of the downfall are in place: Arthur and Guenivere have done the deed and then she married Leontes (Lancelot) while they looked longingly at each other. Frankly, in this miniseries, I'd go for Leontes. And Merlin is making mistake after mistake, IMHO. He leaves himself vulnerable to Morgan, he leaves Arthur vulnerable to Morgan... but I still will watch it.


Tomorrow... ah, tomorrow. The Killing on AMC, the debut of Upstairs/Downstairs on Masterpiece Theatre, and The Borgias on Showtime. Actually, I haven't even started The Borgias yet. I can catch that on On Demand tv anytime right now. And they all start at the same time; it would be so much nicer if The Killing was on at 7 and the U/D start at 8. But, nooOOoo...


I went to the Friends of the Library sale yesterday. I had extra overtime on the books for the week that I wouldn't be able to claim because of our limits so I took a two hour early lunch and headed over when they opened at 10. Initially, it was hot, it was crowded and ultimately I didn't have enough time. I didn't get a chance to look at nonfiction or any of the media. But I did manage to find some things, of course. The advantage to me is that the books I am looking for are not the mainstream titles that others are reading. I'm looking for historical mysteries that I'm reading the series of or to fill out the collection I already have. I've thought about going back today in order to look at what I missed yesterday but I'm now reconsidering that. I have too much to do today and I don't need to spend anymore this weekend (books plus haircut -- ouch).


Today I will be doing some more job prospecting and working on my newsletter. And doing laundry. And coming up with a writing project for the week. Steve stayed home yesterday with a head cold but will be going to the gun club this afternoon to run a tournament. He may do a game night tonight. I'm making him sleep as much as possible in between. Men.


I'm bouncing between three books right now: THE ABBOT'S GIBBET has been put on the back burner because Michael Connelly's new Lincoln Lawyer book came out on Tuesday, THE FIFTH WITNESS and I got it at Walmart the other day; and I'm still plugging away at the Communism book for the book festival.


Weather-wise it's another perfect day for reading that I can't participate in -- dark, rainy, and gorgeous. Bah.


Have a good Saturday!


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: