Monday, April 11, 2011


Work was just ....there. Steve stayed home again today with his headcold. I have a job interview on Thursday with St. Vincent's Hospital. I'm working on a short story for my writing project due on that day as well. It will be a mystery-oriented story, of course and I'll have to do about 2000 words or more a night to get the total I'm aiming for for potential publication in something. It starts .... with a murder.... bwa ahahhaa!


But I also have Antique Roadshow to watch on tv tonight because this is the first of three (I think three) episodes that were taped here in Billings, MT. The interesting story to this taping is that the week prior to them coming here, the venue in which they were to conduct themselves was destroyed by an extremely rare tornado so they had to scramble for new digs at the last minute. It will be interesting to see shots of the area and to see if there is anyone I know on camera. And cross your fingers we don't come off as too "hick." Uff da.


Last night we watched the third episode of The Killing which is a police procedural, episodic on AMC channel. It is still keeping our attention, telling stories of the cops, the family, the high school kids, and the political campaign. I then watched the taping I did of Upstairs/Downstairs. I thought it was going to be an hour and a half but it was only an hour. I'm a little disappointed; it feels....annotated. Like they filmed twice as much if not more but edited it down to this and we're losing a lot of the story. There's only two more episodes left so they're apparently not going to be going to in depth. In comparison to Downton Abbey, this is lacking much.


The new Julia Spencer-Fleming book is out tomorrow after many months' delay. I have thought about getting it on the Kindle but I don't know yet. I need to buy some new pants for the interview. We get to wear jeans to work so I don't have any "nice" clothes anymore. :)


Dinner is going to once again be "something spicy" to help Steve clear out his sinuses and junk so I'm making taco salad but spicing up the meat and I have Spicy Nachos. We'll BURN the cold out of him.


Okay, gotta keep moving on the writing project. Have a good evening.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: