Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Beatles ... sort of.



I didn't post yesterday because I didn't realize that the finale of The Voice was going to be two freakin' hours long! The only important part was the results of the vote and that took less than 10 minutes. The show could have been a half hour and they still would have needed filler. Oy. The person who won is a nice guy but not who I wanted. Oh well. I'm free again on Mondays and Tuesdays, that's all that matters.

It's been very warm yesterday and today and I'm looking forward to cooler weather (supposedly) the next couple days.

I forgot to mention on Monday, I finally (!!!) got a book I've been waiting for via www.paperbackswap.com since 2009 -- AN ANTIC DISPOSITION by Alan Gordon. I've made no secret that I think his series is brilliant (jesters as medieval CIA). This book is the fifth in series and the best, IMHO. It just all comes together so well and you have to read the series from the beginning to get the biggest bang of it. Directly from the author via Facebook, he tells me he's not writing anymore in this. This book sells for big bucks and as you can see, it took me a long time for one to finally get to me. Very happy.

Ok, I'm going to have some dinner, then kick up and read this evening. Still re-reading THE GAME OF THRONES and I'm only half way through and I think the digital loan ends any day now.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: