Saturday, May 5, 2012

That's a snooze



Cross your fingers -- I sent in an application for a nonprofit development job; put a lot of effort into cover letter. Friday's paycheck is gone in paying bills. It would be nice to get back on a career track and have a little more to help out.

The weather was rather nice when I walked the boys at 6am. It then turned cloudy and windy, not a lot of rain. Our neighbor across the street is having a garage sale. I wish she would have mentioned it because I could have dumped, er, contributed some things to be sold.

I've done the usual Saturday chores but still need to make the bed now that I hear the dryer is done. Steve's show isn't on tonight but don't know yet what we'll do, what we'll eat ... I've just got nothing right now. The Kentucky Derby will be on in a bit but I haven't paid attention to who's who or what. And I don't give a hoot about Cinco de Mayo -- it's just a "holiday" that five years ago people figured out they could have an excuse to drink/party like St Patrick's Day.

I'm kinda sampling in different books right now. I haven't really settled on one thing yet. Not that there's a lack, I just don't know what is hitting the spot.

Sorry for such short posts. Here's something; I posted a list on 4ma of May's new releases in historical mysteries. It makes me very pleased to see so many. A trend I'm noticing is lots of WWI and WWII books out.

THE BLACK STILETTO: BLACK & WHITE by Raymond Benson
A DARK ANATOMY by Robin Blake
OSCAR WILDE AND THE VATICAN MURDERS by Gyles Brandeth
LEHRTER STATION by David Downing
AVON STREET by Paul Emannuelli
THE YARD by Alex Grecian
MACBETH by AJ Harley and David Hewson
THE SECOND-LAST WOMAN IN ENGLAND by Maggie Joel
ISTANBUL PASSAGE by Joseph Kanon
A SIMPLE MURDER by Eleanor Kuhns
BRING UP THE BODIES by Hilary Mantel
THE PROVIDENCE RIDER by Robert McCammon
HAWKWOOD by James McGee
DANDY GILVER AND AN UNSUITABLE DAY FOR A MURDER by Catriona McPherson
DON’T DIE UNDER THE APPLE TREE by Amy Patricia Meade
THE CONSTANT LOVERS by Chris Nickson
THE BORGIA MISTRESS by Sara Poole
SIDNEY CHAMBERS AND THE SHADOW OF DEATH by James Runcie
LOUISE’S GAMBLE by Sarah Shaber
THE SOLITARY HOUSE by Lynn Shepherd
BRIGHTON BELLE by Sara Sheridan
THE POISONOUS SEED by Linda Stratmann
MURDER ON FIFTH AVENUE by Victoria Thompson

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster





No comments: