Monday, December 9, 2013

And it's gonna getcha getcha getcha

Just Zip It!


Roads are slipperier today than last week. The temp is above 0 now but the wind has kicked in more so really not much improvement. I walked the boys this morning almost the full walk but my glasses kept fogging up and the road has dips and so, of course, I fell once. Then it wasn't so fun anymore and I decided we would head the shortest way home. No bruises, just irritated.

I'm watching the UPS tracker -- my Kindle Fire is out for delivery which could mean any time now ... or 8:00 tonight. It would be nice to be able to run home at some point so it's not sitting on the front step most of the day although I'm sure the back of the UPS truck isn't very warm either so why worry? Ok, I just want it in my hot, greedy little hands. And I want it to be amazing and blow my socks off. Fingers crossed. If it doesn't work out, I'm not that much into it monetarily and I still have my keyboard Kindle.

Though some shows are on hiatus now for the holidays, Monday night is still TV night. I have Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, The Voice, and maybe the a cappella show that's starting after The Voice. Or I could play with the Kindle Fire.

For dinner, I'd like to make the sausage/hashbrown casserole for Steve and also have the time to make Chile Verde for me (num). We'll see if I can make both happen; the chili is a little time intensive. So I'd have to start immediately cooking things when I get home.

I have to pick up a hold today at the library, a young adult dystopian novel called CINDER. I should make a list of anything else I'd like to have on hand. Our library closes after Friday for about a month while they shift to the new (smaller, bah) building. I have plenty to read otherwise at home already that I own, of course, so I don't need to do that but ... they're BOOKS. I mean seriously, of the next-to-be-read-in-series books that I have in my house right now ... about 25. So I'm not hurting. And I'll have the Kindle Fire. Bwa hahaha! Take THAT, closed library. I'm not a doomsday prepper in regard to food and sanctuary, but should the zombie apocalypse come or the publishing industry collapse, I'M READY. I'll be the library at the end of the world, people!

Ok, is that Kindle Fire delivered yet?

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: