Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Well, it's only a cat....



It is supposed to get to 17 below tonight, with windchill at negative 28. You're freakin' kidding me. No, the boys will not get a walk in the morning. I will let them run for a few minutes in the front yard and maybe a ride around the block. Holy schmoley.  Batten down the hatches and hunker down....with lots of blankets and hot chocolate.

Steve's board meeting was cancelled last night so he didn't have to go out in it but I don't suppose his shooting session will be as well tonight. My projec,t when I get home, is to assemble the Chile Verde and cross fingers it turns out nummy.

I finished the Michael Connelly book last night; it was good and twisty. At the end Mickey's Lincoln has been destroyed and he's being driven around in a Lexus. The character jokes that maybe they'll make a movie sequel called "The Lexus Lawyer." :)

So I'm back to reading THE MIDWIFE'S TALE and very much enjoying it again. I still have the last Elizabeth Moon digital as a less-than-14-day loan to read too.

But, nothing on TV for me on Wednesdays. Woot! And I'm free on Sundays now, until February with The Walking Dead on mid-season hiatus. And some of Mondays with The Blacklist in the same status. However, I'll be getting my Kindle Fire on Monday and will probably be experimenting with watching old episodes of series on it. I'm not very good at watching a TV show while it's doing its first run. I don't like obligations like that (there are exceptions of course). But I'd like to watch NCIS and others and a slew of British shows. The Kindle Fire will let me do that from anywhere, woot!

Stay warm and cozy....

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: