Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Happiness is a rubbed tummy



Winter storm Cleon has struck Billings, the banana belt of Montana. A bit over six inches of snow yesterday and three more today. The rest of the week is going to be in single digit and negative temps. I don't like heat and I don't like excessive cold ... I'm Goldilocks, I like my weather juuuust right.

Steve has a board meeting tonight but I'm hoping he'll skip it. He probably won't but I will still wish it. The boys of course are loving the snow big time. Ryker is so fluffy that I think he is finally comfortable.

Looks like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a repeat tonight so no TV for me unless I watch The Voice but I'm sorta cooling on that when I have so much to read. The Connelly book is at the trial phase so maybe I'll be able to finish it with concentrated reading. This is the latest in the "Lincoln Lawyer" series and I find it humorous that the author has the character acknowledge a movie was made about himself and other lawyers are copying his working out of a car gig.

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to make some Chili Verde. I physically maxed out on regular homemade chili so I'm hoping this will be good. I love chili when it's cold out. Friday last week, we had lunch from Rockets and the burrito I had had some awesome green chili on it that has made my mouth water. I found the recipe on a paleo website. It uses pork or chicken (I may use a mix of both) and a bunch of tomitillos and cilantro. I almost cleaned out Albertsons of all their tomitillos for this recipe. Fingers crossed that it works and isn't a big waste.

Stay warm and cozy....

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: