Friday, December 13, 2013

Too late!

Dear Santy Claws...


Sorry, I haven't had access to a computer long enough to be able to make posts the past couple days, hence the gap since my last one.

Not much really to report, however. Just working and then being home. I finished with Christmas shopping yesterday, online. I've been playing a little with my Kindle Fire. Via On Demand, I'm working my way slowly through a Showtime series called Masters of Sex (about the study Masters and Johnson did in the 1950s of human sexuality), on DVD of the first season of Elementary, and sorting through Netflix via the Fire.

I'm reading the Erin Hart but I also have a 14-day-er digital loan called THE ASTRONOMER by Lawrence Goldstone. Here is a description:
1534, Paris. A student at the Catholic Collège de Montaigu, serving as a courier for the Inquisition, is murdered by members of an extreme Lutheran sect for the packet of letters he is carrying. His friend and fellow classmate Amaury de Faverges-the illegitimate son of the Duke of Savoy and an expert in astronomy and natural science-is recruited as his replacement and promised a decree of legitimacy if he can uncover the secret that threatens to overturn Catholicism and the reign of François I. Working undercover, Amaury journeys south to the liberal court of the king's sister, Marguerite of Navarre, the alleged heart of the conspiracy. The deeper he probes, the more Amaury is forced to confront his own religious doubts; and when he discovers a copy of Copernicus's shocking manuscript showing the sun at the center of the universe, he knows the path he must follow. Replete with characters and events from history-from the iconoclastic Rabelais to the burning of heretics in Paris to preacher John Calvin and Copernicus himself.
It was published May 2010 and has 304 pages.

Tomorrow I think we're going to try to get to the new Hunger Games movie, at last. Steve got some fencing to supplement our regular fence so maybe we can put the boys back outside again on Monday. 

That's about it.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: