Friday, July 31, 2009

In which today is not a party ...


Sorry for missing yesterday. Had to give blood for lab, had lunch with a friend, was so tired after that I crashed/napped for a couple hours, etc.


This is a quick one. In just a little bit I'm heading to the clinic for an outpatient procedure; they want to do a biopsy of my kidneys to help them figure out what the problem is with them. Apparently the procedure itself isn't long --involving CAT scan and a couple needles but I'm not thinking about the needle part very much -- it's the recovery time. The doctor said at least six hours recovery/observation and perhaps a stay overnight because anytime you poke a kidney it's not good. So of course my main concern is what I should bring along to read to pass the time.


I'm bringing my ipod that not only has music but several audiobooks. I've narrowed the books down to three options:


  • A GENTLEMAN OF FORTUNE by Anna Dean


  • DEATH ON THE ROMNEY MARCH by Deryn Lake


  • A PLAGUE OF POISON by Maureen Ash


Each will fit in my purse and occupy me.


Gotta go finish getting ready. See ya on the flip side.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: