Sunday, May 23, 2010

Aw, a dog after my own heart...


Ah, rats, today is sunshiny bright. I was promised dark and rainy! Whine whine whine.


I must make a couple corrections from yesterday. Averi spells her name with an "I". I'm extremely sensitive and respect it, having been an "I" person myself with my previous name. I hated it when people spelled it incorrectly. Second, Averi was selling baked goods and not lemonade at her little station. I think that is a much better product for early morning garage salers. According to her grandma, Averi would ask them if they would like to buy her baked goods and if they said no she'd ask, "Well why not?" I expect this little girl to have a great future ahead of her.


I need to spend more time on the downstairs computer today - I never did work on the projects I needed to (newsletter and application) so that's still ahead of me and I need to complete the one I did get started on (catching up on my audible.com books and making CDs). Plus I think I may make hotel reservations for the convention in October -- I need to make the commitment now before I chicken out. Otherwise, I'll be doing more laundry today and I may have to run to the grocery store again as I missed a couple things. Tug and I of course will go for a walk in a couple hours.


I am this close to finishing REVENGER by Rory Clements. Next up will probably be THE SCENT OF RAIN AND LIGHTNING by Nancy Pickard. I do miss my series reads though. I haven't gotten to them in two or three months. I really want to get back to Barnard Knight, and Deryn Lake, and Peter Tremayne, and Louise Penny... I've been caught up in new releases.


Tonight I'll check out Masterpiece Theatre Mystery on tv. I have problems sticking with televised crime stories (I find the pace to be very boring even though the period costuming and settings are so wonderful), but I'll tune in to the new episodes of Miss Marple. I like this actress' portrayal for some reason. And would you believe I've never read a book of Miss Marple? I've always preferred Hercule Poirot. In my ohsomuch free reading time (read that very sarcastically), I should work in some Christies. And PD James, and Ngaio Marsh, and Ruth Rendell, and Josephine Tey, and the other Dorothy Sayers I haven't gotten to yet, and Patricia Wentworth, and Margery Allingham, and Gladys Mitchell, and Rex Stout, and Earle Stanley Gardner...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: