Friday, May 28, 2010

Smells like a three-day weekend!!


OMG the day and week is finally over. Oh, I just want to erase my brain of everything at work this week and get on with my real life. Yes, I appreciate working but holy cow I really really want these three days off. I'm being bad: I'm having a glass of wine. I've not had a soda in about two months and no sweets but wine just needed to happen tonight. One glass, that's it.


I'm back to DEATH IN THE WEST WIND by Deryn Lake. I'll probably finish it tonight if I work at it or tomorrow. It was a lovely dark and misting day today. It would have been a lovely day to stay home and read but I tell myself the overtime is worth it. Every time. Looks like nothing on tv for me this evening; Say Yes to the Dress is a repeat. I'll be making taco salad for dinner to that will be very good.

**********************************

Another book meme!


1. One book that changed your life

OUT ON A LIMB by Shirley MacLaine. My spiritual world opened.


2. One book that you’ve read more than once

DAUGHTER OF TIME by Josephine Tey. I love the investigation of the smear campaign against Richard III


3. One book you’d want on a desert island

Hmm, that's difficult. Would I want a big honkin' huge collection and cheat? (Shakespeare?) Would I want a book that I love and could read over and over? (PRIDE AND PREJUDICE?) Would I want a book that had some meat to it so I could contemplate it over a period of time? (A ROOM OF ONE'S OWN by Virginia Woolf or THE FEDERALIST PAPERS?) I know people cheat at this question and say a book on how to survive, etc. I honestly don't know. My luck, it would be HOW TO PLAY POKER.


4. One book that made you laugh

THE EYRE AFFAIR by Jasper Fford


5. One book that made you cry

LITTLE WOMEN by Louise May Alcott. Every time when Beth dies.


6. One book that you wish had been written

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Steig Larsson. International acclaim.


7. One book that you wish had never been written

How about MEIN KAMPF.


8. One book you’re currently reading

DEATH IN THE WEST WIND by Deryn Lake


9. One book you’ve been meaning to read

WAR AND PEACE by Tolstoy. I like Russian novels, actually. Oh and I could mention the books by Dorothy Dunnett.


I hope the start of your Memorial Day weekend is lovely.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: