Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday night's all right ... for reading


A beautiful day in the neighborhood today -- I think was about to 80 degrees. I walked Tug before it got too warm but he still jumped in the ditches three times. He touched noses with a cow, too, and they both jumped back from it. :)


Well, Steve's birthday is tomorrow so I'm trying to pin him down on what he'd like to do. We'd like to see Ironman 2 but it has to be either this evening (but two new episodes of Cops are on which is a show he really likes) or tomorrow afternoon (because of the three hour finale of Survivor). I'm also trying to get him to tell me what he'd like for meals. Sigh, he is so difficult. Don't even get me going on a birthday -- or any freaking gift for that matter. Me, I tell him what I'd like. I'm supposed to come up with some kind of super-fantastic-amazing-wonderful gift that is somehow exactly what he wants and it has to be the best and topline. The most he'll say is he wants guns. Yeah, right, and he's only partially joking. He gets what he wants when he wants and I can't afford those prices. Oy. I do have some little gifts so maybe it will be okay.


***************************************************

Book meme: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you.


(In no particular order)



  1. Instance at the Fingerpost by Iain Pears

  2. Freedom and Necessity by Stephen Brust & Emma Bull

  3. The Millenium Trilogy by Steig Larsson (The Girl Who...)

  4. Dune by Frank Herbert

  5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

  6. Persuasion by Jane Austen

  7. Foundation by Isaac Asimov

  8. Passage by Connie Willis

  9. The Stand by Stephen King

  10. The Book of Unholy Mischief by Elle Newmark

  11. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

  12. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

  13. The Daughter of Time by Ngaio

  14. Dissolution by CJ Sansom

  15. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf


*****************************************

I'm missing something, I'm sure. What's on your list?


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster






No comments: