Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tug sits like this all the time so I had to do this photo


I'm about 20 - 30 minutes away from finishing SHOOT TO THRILL. It has been enjoyable and I like to visit these characters and I'm nearing the wrap up, but this is seeming like another book I've read this year where the cops don't really *solve* the mystery -- they just show up in time to arrest the bad buy. Hrumph. I'm missing the days where the reader was provided clues and followed along and even "solved" the crime along with the good guy. After I finish this, I'll go back and finish the Deryn Lake so maybe I can get two books done before Monday and hence have five books for the month. Phew! It was looking pretty pathetic there for a while.


So much was glitchy at work: the phones cut out a couple times, the server went wonky this afternoon and we couldn't access the programs for a few minutes. I think it was a sign that we should have all gone home and started the holiday weekend earlier.


Just finished walking Tug. Will make dinner very soon. Then I'll read a little then head for bed. One more day. I have to remind myself that the overtime and long hours each day are worth it. And this is just the beginning, bwa hahahaha!


************************************

Book meme:
1. How do you organize your books? By genre, by last name, by title, by publication date?

I actually have them 95% organized by last name. It was a monumental task but worth it. But since then, I've added more books to the collection so they're not so nicely tucked in because I can't squeeze anymore on the shelves so they're stacked on top.


2. Do you have a shelf reserved for your favorite books and/or authors?

No. But I do have an area where I put the newer books that come in or what I think might be next up (real books, obviously not the Kindles). There are about 50 books over there.


3. What is the first title and author on your bookshelf?

I have five bookcases scattered throughout the house but the first one starts with "A". I can't see it now but it could be something by Aird.


4. What is the last title and author on your bookshelf?

Again, I can't see it now but I think it's one of the crusade books by Robin Young.


5. What genre dominates your collection?

Crime fiction. Surprised, no?


7. You own all of the books written by . . .

Oh, gosh, that's not fair. I can only say the authors that have few books in their series to date. Susan Hill, Maureen Ash, Josephine Tey, etc.


8. You own the entire series of . . .

I don't think this is a fair question. This is assuming an author is DONE.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: