Saturday, May 29, 2010

One atta time! The weekend will still be there ...


Still another book meme....


1. You are stuck inside “Fahrenheit 451.” Which book would you be?

I've always answered this previously with PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen. But I think there would be thousands of people offering this as well. I will then suggest A ROOM OF ONE'S OWN by Virginia Woolf. I remember catching a glimpse many years ago of an actress who performed this as a one-woman show. I think it lends itself to memorization and oration.


2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

All right, who hasn't had a crush on Darcy from PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, raise your hand ... uh huh ... I make my point.


3. What is the last book you bought?

I think it was THE SCENT OF RAIN AND LIGHTNING by Nancy Pickard for da Kindle.


4. What are you currently reading?

Nearly finished with DEATH IN THE WEST WIND by Deryn Lake. If I could have stayed up a little past 9 (What, I had been up since 4:45am, I was tired!) I would have concluded it last night.


5. Five books you would take to a deserted island.

What IS it about deserted islands? Are they abundant? Do people get stuck on them all the time and it is so commonplace? How about stuck in an airport? That would make more sense. Couldn't I have my Kindle with me with over a 1000 books on it like they promise? I guess keeping it charged would eventually become an issue. Assuming this is actually asking what five books could I limit myself to and be able to read over and over.


1. DUNE by Frank Herbert His world building is beyond amazing.

2. MIDDLEMARCH by George Elliot I think I would want a big munchy soap opera-y type book. WAR AND PEACE or GONE WITH THE WIND would also work.

3. Perhaps THE FEDERALIST PAPERS and THE ANTI-FEDERALIST PAPERS. I think I would want something philosophical that I could take the time to contemplate each line for its meaning and if I needed to rebuild a government this may be a guide.

4. 1001 WAYS TO PLAY SOLITAIRE. One has to pass the time in other ways....

5. Hmmm, how about something fun like a big book of fairytales. Otherwise, the collected works of Jane Austen.

*******************************


Tug woke me up at 6am this morning. I don't know why he does this. He paws at me for no reason -- he doesn't need to go outside, he just waits until I sit up and then he goes and lays down again, his job is done apparently.


So now I'm catching up on news, emails and blogs. My sister is in town so I'll spend the majority of the day at M&Ds. This weekend I hope to work on my projects. We don't have any other plans the long weekend. I have to remember to put the flag out.


Hope your Saturday is spent exactly how you'd like to whether it's relaxing, doing yard work, camping in the rain, shopping, looking at sports, whatever. In my case, if I can squeak in ONE more book for the month, I'll be very happy. :)


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: