Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Steve! and that's me in the back saying "just tell me what you want!"


We saw Ironman 2 last night. A new multiplex movie theatre opened last year here and now everyone goes to that one rather than the older one. The new one, we've been to once. I don't like it. It is uncomfortably like an airport to me. Cement floors, overcrowded, yuck. Last night we went to the older theatre -- practically deserted but still nice. And can I just say one more time that concessions are overpriced? Crazy.


The movie itself I enjoyed. Robert Downey, Jr. is just simply a great actor. Mickey Rourke also did very well. I just have to think of him as a competely separate and different man than the one with the same name twenty years ago, isn't that strange? He looks completely different and the experience from those years of self-abuse and years of being on the outside, he now has depth he can bring to roles. Heck, the same thing can be said about Downey. Having things easy is nicer overall but it is the suffering in one's life that truly brings forward one's soul.


I can't stand Gwyneth Paltrow. Ick, ptui. Scarlett Johansen did a fine job in her limited role. I do hope they make another one and not decend into the slump that inevitably happens for just a little longer.


This morning I went to a bakery and got Steve a true caramel roll -- not one of those cinnamon rolls that are frosted but a real true one. I'm not making or getting a birthday cake for him -- we both don't need to eat something like that. He has decided he'd like dinner from Red Robin brought in so we can also watch Survivor finale. I know he won't like the presents I'm giving him but there's nothing else I can do about that right now. One, a new down pillow, I replaced his old pillow yesterday with -- he didn't even notice. I had to point it out to him. Sheesh. I was hoping it would help him sleep better. Ah well. Basically, I hope he just has a relaxing day.


I don't think I've read one word of my book this weekend and tonight of course if devoted to tv. I'm not slumping but I'm sure not making time for it, hunh. I'm never going to get through all the books I have to read at this rate. I'll be walking Tug soon before he gets too warm. I also hope to work on my project today so I'll be on the downstairs computer later while clothes laundry runs. Maybe I'll tell you more about my project in another post.


And I totally missed the Preakness yesterday. I saw it on a ticker while having dinner and I was just stunned. The whole Triple Crown thing, I keep missing. Is it just not being advertised therefore I unaware or am I just simply unaware? Weird. I know I'm out of touch with world news; I just can't make time to read my WSJ like I used to and I hate that.


Have a lovely Sunday ...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: