Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pleasant Valley Sunday


Sunday afternoon. Steve's jet took off about an hour ago, heading for Phoenix where it is 94 degrees today. Tug is walked (and smelly from jumping in the water-filled ditch). I'm reading 4MA digests because I have a ton of them to read since last weekend but I'm thinking a nap may be in the offing before heading over to my parents' for dinner. Mom's Day and all that. Afterward, Erik is coming over to watch episode 9 of The Pacific. I haven't gotten very much reading done this weekend. (sigh)


It was good to see our friend Josh yesterday. He used to work for me at Software Etc., and since then has graduated from West Point, been in Afghanistan (had been in Bosnia previously), married and recently they had triplets. Over achiever. :)


We watched the Sherlock Holmes movie last night with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. It was really very very good. Downey is just simply always wonderful and amazing. And I don't like Jude Law but I didn't hate him here. The sets were Victorian gritty; the music was really good as well. The plot goes a little overboard on the fantastical but it's do-able. They've set up for a sequel. I'm afraid Downey has another franchise on his hands. Busy, so-talented man. We want to see Iron Man 2 next weekend.


It's funny -- I read about the mysteries on the digests and get all fired up for them; I read the RT magazine and get all mushy for romances. I'm such a mood reader ... or is it short attention span? SQUIRREL!


This week not much out of the ordinary going on other than picking Steve up at the airport Wednesday. Same old same old. :)


Have a lovely rest of the weekend ....


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: