Monday, May 24, 2010

Mailbox Monday


It's Mailbox Monday! Mailbox Monday gathers together for readers the books that came into the house last week. (feel free to share yours) Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.


Nothing. Nothing came in the house last week. I can tell you the samples I download onto the Kindle though: WANNA GET LUCKY by Doborah Coonts - debut from this author and supposed to be a little humorous. THE CORONER by M. R. Hall -- I have this as an audiobook actually. DEADLY SLIPPER by Michelle Wan -- I actually don't remember much about this book but I was apparently interested in it. HARVARD YARD by William Martin -- I read his first book a long time ago, this series seems to be sort of like the National Treasure movies. And a couple romances.


I've decided to read one of my series reads so I don't feel so behind. I started DEATH IN THE WEST WIND by Deryn Lake. This is 7th of 13 in series featuring John Rawlings, an apothecary and associate of John Fielding, mostly in 18th century London. here is a description:




Newlyweds John and Emilia Rawlings are spending their honeymoon touring the mysterious county of Devon. The gruesome discovery of the body of a young girl, badly beaten and bruised draws the Apothecary into the investigation. Recognising the dead girl as the daughter of a Dutch merchant John realizes that he is deeply involved in something rather sinister - especially when the girl's brother, Richard, goes missing at the same time. Although he knows the identity of the dead girl, he is still no further towards finding her killer. Did her possessive father, furious with her for her wayward behavior murder her? Or is the father of her unborn child is to blame? Perhaps her fiance, Tobias Wills, exacted a deadly revenge for the betrayal? John Rawlings is determined to find some answers...even if it means putting himself
in danger.

It was published in 2002 and has 282 pages.


I made hotel reservations yesterday for Bouchercon 2010 -- San Francisco in October. I can cancel up to a day ahead if I can't pull it off but I'm thinking I can make it so (to quote Captain Picard).


It rained all day and I had to be at work and not home reading. Pout.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

Rae Helmsworth said...

So glad you've made reservations to come to San Francisco!

Look forward to seeing you here....

Cheers,
Rae

PK the Bookeemonster said...

Yay! I'm just so thrilled, I think about it every day. It will be awesome to meet you. I'll probably be in the book room a lot -- at a table hawking my newsletter. :)