Monday, May 17, 2010

Kids are just so smart these days ...


Oh goodness, I'm blessed tired tonight for some reason. Feet tired and it was so hot today. Yes, only in the "80s" tempurature-wise but I'm not used to it yet and I don't like the heat in general 0r rather it does not like me. Why do you think I like dark rainy days? And I go walking in the hotness so that makes me not so smart. So this will be short 'n' sweet tonight. :)

***********************************************************
It's Mailbox Monday! Mailbox Monday gathers together for readers the books that came into the house last week. (feel free to share yours) Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.


It was almost a bust last week but I stopped by a used book store on Saturday and picked up a couple, both historicals. THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH is by Zoe Oldenbourg and looks to have been a classic novel published in 1948. It is set in 12 century France. So we'll see. The other is THE MERCY SELLER by Brenda Rickman Vantrease. I have other books by this author but not gotten to them yet. This is set in the 15th century and covers the religious conflicts and books. So these are good finds, I think. I actually went to the UBS looking for my histmyst authors but no such luck.

****************************************************
Survivor finale last night was okay. Of the three, the one who won is the one who I liked best. Tonight, we watched the newest episode of The Tudors. We still have to catch the last episode of The Pacific. But now, I may read; I may go to bed. Tomorrow morning is going to come very early.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: