Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hitting the catnip at week's end


Steve is home; life is getting back to normal. Tomorrow is Friday and that makes me happy.


I FINALLY finished the Elizabeth George. It felt like she was getting back to her old form and I guess I know what she was trying to accomplish with the extra bits but it may have been a stronger book without so much extra bits and trying to be "literary." It needed some editing. I was about to start singing the song "This is the song that never ends...." only it was a book.


Now, I have so many choices for what is next I haven't chosen yet. I don't know what I'm in the mood for -- probably I should go back to a histmyst and there is REVENGER by Rory Clements right there. I think that is the strongest contender.


After raining most of the week, tomorrow it is supposed to get up into the 70s. Time to put the sweaters back away and bring out the lighter tops. It's spring.


This weekend we'll go see Iron Man 2 in the theatres. It is Steve's birthday on Sunday. We have the three-hour season finale of Survivor on Sunday as well as Episode 10 of The Pacific. Since The Pacific repeats through the week, we'll probably watch it later.


With America's Next Top Model ending last night, Survivor ending on Sunday and The Pacific theoretically ending on Sunday, I have many nights back for reading. Woo hoo! I still have Say Yes to the Dress tomorrow. :)


I didn't get as much sleep last night and I definitely felt it today. It's almost 9pm and my bedtime; not much time to look at books but I can't stay up a second night. Work can't suffer.


Have a good night.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: