Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And spit...


Steve is off shooting tonight so I have a Stouffer's lasagna in the oven and I'll watch (finally) the season finale of America's Next Top Model (because I like to watch skinny beautiful girls being criticized (c) especially when I'm eating bad things). I was wrong about last week being the finale -- it was a stoopid review episode. Bah. Anyway, go Anne! She has a terrible walk but maybe her photos will win the day.


I read mostly mysteries but when there's a book giveaway I come across I'll let ya know. So I know about one in the romance category. Harlequin is doing a 22 day advent calendar, each day featuring a different author who is giving away stuff and then ultimately Harlequin is giving away a Kindle. The website is http://www.michellewillingham.com/advent.html. I think it's a cool idea and crime fiction should steal it. We should at least know all about stealing.


Well, at least it's getting closer to the weekend ... slowly... (sigh). I suggested to Steve that maybe we could go to the Harry Potter movie tomorrow night (avoiding the busy weekends) but we'll play it by ear and see how the day goes. If that doesn't happen then I need to get groceries, get new snow boots and new tennies. Goodbye paycheck. :) But actually rather necessary things.


Now that I'm unwinding and relaxing here on the couch -- and the half inch of Baileys hasn't hurt -- I'm getting rather tired. I'll probably watch the show, warm up in the shower, read for a bit, and then it's off to sleepy time.


And to end on something bookish: if you haven't registered at www.netgalley.com, you should. There are free digital ARCs available of some good (and some not so good) books there, including mysteries. For instance, there is the upcoming Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear, a new one by Ray Banks, Daniel Woodrell, Mark Billingham, Lawrence Block (a new Matthew Scudder!), Michael Kortya, Karin Fossum, and others.


Have a good night!


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: