Saturday, December 4, 2010

See, that's why I have a dog.


I was successful in exchanging the boots at Cabelas and even got a heckuva lot of money back because the new ones were on sale. They were actually less than the gloves I purchased on Thursday (very good mega gloves). Woot! I gave them a test drive when I walked Tug today and I think they will do very well.


I completely zonked last night pretty early so I did not get much reading done. However, it looks like there's nothing on tv for me tonight or tomorrow night so maybe I can make headway in THE BONES OF AVALON these evenings. Or, wouldn't it be nice to go see Harry Potter at the theatre?


It smells good in the house. I've got chicken and cream of chicken soup going in the crock pot. Steve will have chicken ala king and I will have chicken and dumplings. Good cold weather stuff.


I've started the January issue of Premeditated. I've been only able to put in about an hour on it, mostly doing the set up things so tomorrow I'll be more productive on it.


Looks like Margaret Frazer's THE PLAY OF PIETY is going to be released in trade size. Interesting. Of course, they can boost the price on it doing it that way. There's always been rumors that more books would be going the way of trade size but I'm hoping most publishers resist it. There's just something nicer and more convenient about the paperback size.


Sorry this is being so blah lately. I'm just not finding the time to read as much so I'm not going through them as quickly. Perhaps I should drink a cup of coffee in the evenings so I'll stay up later. Sleep .... reading .... tough call.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: