Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm PKit'sjustmyinitials


When I woke up this morning, I was contemplating how I could somehow stay home. I had 5 hours of overtime at that point. I would only be missing three. But no. I was a good girl. I worked all day; I worked actually 9.5 hours.


After work, in exchange for Steve walking Tug, I ran errands. I had to get dog food at Pet Smart. Steve requested pop so I had to go Walmart which turned into adding some other things. Then I went to B&N to get Christmas cards. And a magazine. So I got home at 6 and immediately began dinner after putting away stuff. Now I'm in a lull of potatoes in the oven and waiting to put the cube steak on the griller. When I was at B&N, they were pushing their Nook very hard. And I was hearing a salesperson not only doing the hard sell but saying not especially nice and sometimes inaccurate things about the Kindle. I understand they're being competitive but there's room for both, people. If you have to slam the competitor to make the sale, you're not doing it right.


And guess what came today -- instead of Monday -- just in time to tempt me this weekend when I have to be working on the January issue? Yes. My order from Amazon and the book I've been dying for. Of course. So I have THE PLAY OF PIETY by Margaret Frazer and THE BOOKSELLER'S SONNETS by Andi L. Rosenthal. And I've really been trying finish THE BONES OF AVALON. Bother. I also received today a free book from an agent I was in contact with for an excerpt: A STITCH BEFORE DYING by Anne Canadeo.


Yay, it's Friday! This weekend I don't have anything planned except the usual stuff. Steve has a class to help teach tomorrow morning. The weather forecast is saying colder and possible snow but I'm not planning on going anywhere anyway. It's a hunkering down kind of weekend.

I love those. :)


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: