Friday, December 3, 2010

Bad Kitty


Work was frustrating today. Part of our network kept going down so it was difficult to accomplish anything. But I was productive when I could be and I've gotten my workflow items down to one object -- a good thing because on Monday I'm being added to the "injector" which means I'll be getting dozens of work objects daily. I know that's probably all in a foreign language to most but basically my work load is going to expand exponentially on Monday. Oh boy.


I've been reading some nonfiction lately but today, during a downtime of the computer and I'd already cleaned my cubicle, I got back to THE BONES OF AVALON and I'm hooked again. I was so tired yesterday that I crashed by 8:30 I think. So not much reading done this week. Maybe I can do some tonight.


This weekend I've got to start the January issue of Premeditated. I already have a list of releases found in the main so I can get going but I'll to do a deeper search to pick up any stragglers. If I remember correctly, there are about 65 new releases next month.


For December, I only have one I'm interested in, Margaret Frazer's A PLAY OF PIETY. That comes out this Tuesday. I've got it coming from Amazon, in paperback.


I got new snow boots yesterday at Cabelas but I'm going to have to do an exchange. I love everything about them except the tops rub my legs at lower calf level, giving me a blister. I gave them another test run after work and I don't think there's anything to do to remedy it -- it is the structure of the boot itself. I hope I can find something very similar that are ankle high. What a bother to have to do it but for such an investment, I can't have them hurt.


I'm making marinated cube steak and onion soup potatoes for dinner tonight. I got a new crockpot at Walmart yesterday ($20!) that is bigger and I can put in the dishwasher. Woot! I'll put it to the test tomorrow for dinner I think.


Okay, off you go...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: