Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hot hot hot



Today's Blog/Website of the Day is interesting, Let's Read Historical Novels can be found at http://histnov.blogspot.com/. It is a schedule of historical books and their discussion times if one would like to participate.



Well, I overdid it today. I went to Summerfair, the art/craft in the park that Yellowstone Art Museum does every summer as a fund raiser. To look at all the booths, walking slowly, it took an hour ... but probably a half hour longer than I should have. And it was already hot by 10:00 when I got there. I then went to the library to pick up a hold. My leg/ankle is hurting so I'll be off it the rest of the afternoon. Steve will have to walk Tug today -- and it's a hot one out there -- but that I can't help. I'll get my turn tomorrow when Steve goes to help with a shooting match. So, off my feet and drinking lots of ice water for the rest of the day.

I received a couple more paperbackswap books today and the hold at the library was the new one by Julie Kramer, MISSING MARK. I have (say it ain't so) too much to read right now.

Currently reading, as mentioned yesterday, NOW MAY YOU WEEP by Deborah Crombie. I'm reading this series in order and this is my next in line. This is 9th of 13 in series featuring Duncan Kincaid, a Scotland Yard superintendent, and Gemma James, a sergeant, in London. Here's a description:
Gemma accepts the invitation of a married friend, Hazel Cavendish, to attend a cooking weekend in Innesfree, Scotland. Gemma thinks the misty, atmospheric landscape of the Highlands, where fine whiskey is distilled and the brogues of the natives ring like music in the air, will be just what she needs to complete her recovery. However, Gemma's hopes are soon dashed by Hazel's revelation that she has come to Innesfree to meet her former lover, Donald Brodie, a handsome distillery owner. When someone shoots Donald dead, Hazel becomes a prime suspect. Gemma investigates, but must be careful to avoid stepping on the toes of DCI Alun Ross, the local authority in charge. Duncan leaves his own problems with his son, Kit, behind in London and joins Gemma in Scotland, but it's Gemma who mainly ferrets out the secrets of the large list of suspects, any one of whom could be the murderer.
It was published in 2003 and has 367 pages.

Have a great Saturday, everyone, stay cool, stay hydrated and do something you completely enjoy. I plan on it.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: