Friday, July 24, 2009

Lost Friday


Getting an extension on my antiobiotic turned into a four hour ordeal at the clinic today. I had to see a doctor to get more medicine; I needed more medicine because my prescription was going to run out tomorrow (2nd round of cellulitis isn't completely gone) and my insurance has been a problem especially on weekends so I had to deal with the situation today. The NP I had been seeing the past three weeks was booked solid today (in fact her nurse didn't call back after I spoke with her at 8am until after noon). So I went to the Same Day Care, saw a new doctor, had to tell my story AGAIN, had to have my blood taken and wait for lab results again, etc. Got the extension but now have to see another doctor next week because lab wasn't great. I think the cellulitis is s.l.o.w.l.y getting better (they told me it would be slow but jeesh) and I didn't want to lose momentum with this antibiotic. Oy I'm getting so sick of being sick and I'm sure you're all getting sick hearing about it. So the rest of the day was spent recovering from being vertical for so long. What a sucky summer.


Currently reading SHROUD FOR THE ARCHBISHOP by Peter Tremayne. This is 2nd of 19 in series featuring Sister Fidelma, a 7th century Celtic sister and legal advocate in Kildare, Ireland. Here is a description:


Sister Fidelma of the Celtic Church in Ireland, aided as before by Brother Eadulf of Canterbury have traveled to Rome, where Fidelma is to deliver messages to His Holiness and where Eadulf will serve as scribe to archbishop-designate Wighard of Canterbury, the guest of Bishop Gelasius at Lateran Palace. Among the many pilgrims in the city to witness Wighard's ordination are Abbott Puttoc of Saxony, an ambitious libertine, and haughty Abbess Wulfrun and her companion-servant Sister Eafa of Kent. Before the ceremony can take place, though, Wighard is found strangled in his quarters, and Irish monk Ronan Ragallach is accused of the killing but escapes his captors. Not completely convinced of Ronan's guilt, and aware of Fidelma and Eadulf's previous successes, Bishop Gelasius asks their help and assigns soldier Licinius to ease their way. As Fidelma goes about the tedious questioning of everyone in the vicinity at the crucial time, the body count begins to mount and various intricate plots are uncovered.

It was published in 1994 and has 304 pages. I've been meaning to get to this series and it's lovely that there are a large number of books yet to be read.



So I'm writing this at 9pm after watching Whale Wars and Say Yes to the Dress. Steve and I are starting to watch Whale Wars on the Animal Planet channel because they seem at times to be conducting things so incompetently that it is fascinating. I admire the mission but the execution leaves much to be desired.


Steve and Tug just got back from the daily walk. Its cooler out now so windows are open and a breeze is coming in. Steve is down watching tv and Tug is lying here smelling like a wet dog -- he jumps in the ditches to cool off. Oh boy.


I don't believe we have anything going on this weekend. Some cleaning but mostly keeping the leg elevated. Getting.very.old.this.is.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: