Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What a face!


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is a little different: BookBurger can be found at http://bookburger.typepad.com/. It is "a site for hungry readers ages 14 to 24. Reviews, news, contests, and deliciousness of all sorts. Take a bite."


I didn't have a chance yesterday to give my thoughts on UNDONE by Karin Slaughter. I overall liked it. I like how the characters have moved on and merged into one series (perhaps). The feeling of slight dissatifaction I think comes from some story elements moving slowly and will have to wait for another book. I decided to read the Bruce Alexander next even though I have the David Liss as a 14-day check out from the library because I needed something a little lighter after the violence in the Slaughter. As much as I love the Liss books, they will be a little denser reading so I thought I'd do a quick palette cleanser in between.


I posted a bunch of books on paperbackswap.com a couple days ago and had to mail off 11 this morning. Holy schmoley. I love getting rid of the books but that was a lot to haul to the post office. It would be nice to use some of my credits but I what I'm looking for is mostly the historical mysteries that aren't as popular therefore not listed as available as much. But I'm mostly looking for Bernard Knight and Deryn Lake right now until I figure out the backlist of Margaret Frazer and Ellis Peters books I need.


Tomorrow, as a part of my extreme self care I've newly instituted, I'm having a manicure. I don't know if I've ever had that done. Usually I just clip the nails so I can type easily. This will be a lovely special thing for myself (I'm hoping). Later this week I've got a hair appointment and I plan to do some changes to the cut again. Yay! Ch-ch-ch-changes are good.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: