Monday, July 6, 2009

Just another lazy Monday...


Take a look at that frog ... sometimes life is just good, ya know? I wonder what great philosophies he's thinking about?
Today's Blog/Website of the Day is A Book Every Six Days found at http://bookeverysixdays.blogspot.com/.


Not a heavy schedule again today. Paid some bills today and took them out to the mailbox (woo hoo!). Otherwise I've been reading and journaling and listening to music with my foot up mostly. I know I'm not 100% healthy yet and DO NOT want any kind of relapse. So more of the same self care stuff.


I've started DEATH AT DEVIL'S TAVERN by Deryn Lake. This is 3rd of 12 in series featuring John Rawlings, an apothecary and associate of John Fielding, mostly in 18th century London. Here's a description:


John Rawlings, the exuberant young apothecary, is celebrating his in The Devil's Tavern, a popular if notorious haunt for sailors and smugglers. Stumbling across a corpse that has been fished out of the Thames, he identifies it as Sir William Hartfield, the bridegroom who had failed to show at his own wedding earlier that day. As the drowning reveals itself as murder, Rawlings is called upon by London's revered sightless magistrate, John Fielding, to investigate the colourful members of Sir William's family - from terrible old Lady Hodkin to her downtrodden daughter, and from Roger, flamboyant man of fashion to the outrageous twins who share an elaborate past.

Published in 1996; it has 244 pages.


I watched the Miss Marple on PBS' Masterpiece Theatre last night and quite enjoyed it. The casting was very good and I didn't hate the actress playing Marple, in fact, she seemed rather intelligent and natural. I will watch the other (five) episodes this summer.


Tonight is a new episode of The Closer but then otherwise reading my book.


It's scheduled to get over 90 degrees today so Tug and I are hunkering down for the afternoon and may have naps in our future. Heck, he's already beat me to it.


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: