Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh hello there


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Armchair Interviews found at http://www.armchairinterviews.com/. "Connecting Authors to Their Readers. Pretend you're snuggled in your well-worn armchair, ready to dig into your favorite author's latest book. Your slippered feet rest lightly on the ottoman, and you're holding a steaming cup of aromatic Earl Grey. The room is quiet, your tabby cat is curled at your feet and the children are tucked safely in bed. This time is all yours to savor. Reading for fun, reading to learn, reading."


My current read is THE TINNER'S CORPSE by Bernard Knight, 5th of 13 in series featuring Sir John de Wolfe, the crowner (coroner), in 12th century Devon, England. Here is a description:


When coroner Sir John de Wolfe is summoned to investigate the murder of a tin miner, he has little idea how difficult this new investigation will prove to be. The victim worked for the powerful mine owner, Walter Knapman, and the motive seems to be sabotaging Walter’s business. But the tinners have their own laws, and they are none too pleased at Crowner John’s interference. And then Walter Knapman disappears. Only Gwyn, Crowner John’s right-hand man, seems to be of any help—until he’s arrested for murder and put on trial for his life.

It was published in 2001 and has 330 pages.


Several years ago, when Diana Gabaldon first came out with her OUTLANDER book, I loved it, devoured it. I think I dropped out of the series around the third or fourth book for some reason. I'm thinking of going back and getting involved with them again. I know the author has a new one coming out in the series soon but I definitely have some catching up to do there. The problem is, the books are so huge -- do I want to make that big of a commitment when I have so many others to read? Oh such conundrums without even solving the world's problems! :)


Steve goes shooting tonight. I'll be having a single pizza and probably reading. The dinner last night at Jody's was terrific - spaghetti and homemade sauce, salad, bread ... num! The company was wonderful -- I had talked with Barb in ages and Sara's wedding is in about three weeks so much to discuss. I had to leave by 8:00 though to take my pill, so a couple good hours of chatting and eating.


Today I have one quick errand but otherwise taking it very easy. Cellulitis, go away!


Have a happy halfway-through-the-week day!


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: