Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yeah, thinking about it...


Getting around better and better. Today I went to the post office and then dropped some books off at the library. Tug came along for the ride. I need to get some groceries but will probably save that for tomorrow morning when its cooler again. I've been doing some cleaning up: washing blankets, cleaning the bathroom, and I'd like to vacuum again.


Finished DEATH AT THE DEVIL'S TAVERN by Deryn Lake. A pleasant histmyst read that, though not blatent, I had kind of figured out how the puzzles pieces were going to fit by the end. I do like this series -- and I say this every time so bear with me -- the formal-ish language the author uses actually adds to the charm. It fits with the 1750s period. Next up? I'm not sure yet. The library should be kicking free some holds soon, hopefully this week: the new Karin Slaughter, the new David Liss, and something else I can't think of right now. So until they do shake loose, I'll have to go back to the TBR pile.


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is a cute idea: Coffee with a Canine can be found at http://coffeecanine.blogspot.com/. Author's interviewed about their dogs and so forth. Ahhhh.


On tv tonight is the premiere of a new series on SciFi channel, called Warehouse 13. Sounds quirky enough to check out the possibilities. Otherwise, The First 48 is on A&E.


Steve has a board meeting tonight so dinner will have to be slapdash. I'm thinking either spaghetti with pesto or have him pick up pitas. Shrug. Whatever happens, will.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

sally906 said...

Glad you are slowly crawling back :)

Am reading City of Masks by Daniel Hetch (sp) and LOVING it - thanks for recommending it :)

PK the Bookeemonster said...

I LOVE that series. Dang, I wish he would write more. Such a creative idea and just the right amount of woo woo for my taste. I guess we have to enjoy what we get, eh? Book addicts are so greedy! :P
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster