Monday, July 13, 2009

A quick update before bedtime


Sorry for the delay in posting today. Time got away from me.


Quick update: My cleaning project of the day was to clear out some of the junk from the spare bedroom. It felt good to haul out stuff. But I may have overdone it the past couple days because my leg/ankle were bothering me so I was forced to lay down for most of the afternoon until my doctor appointment. In regard to that, unfortunately, my kidneys are still being a question so more doctor appointments in my future. Ugh.


I'm currently reading Bruce Alexander's BLIND JUSTICE. This is first of 11 in series featuring Sir John Fielding, a blind magistrate and founder of the first police force in 1700s London. Here's a description:


Features Sir John Fielding--blind, brilliant, compassionate magistrate of London's Bow Street Court--and Jeremy Proctor, the narrator, a penniless, intelligent 13-year-old orphan whom Sir John has taken into his household. Exercising the broad magisterial powers of the era, the judge investigates the death of wealthy Lord Richard Goodhope, who was discovered shot through the head, gun at his feet, behind the locked door of his library. Though the initial finding is suicide, Jeremy notices a clue that points to murder, a conclusion bolstered by the findings of surgeon Gabriel Donnelly. The investigation of Lord Richard's dissolute life, including extramarital affairs and gambling forays (sometimes shared with his Jamaica-based half-brother during his visits to London), seems to lead nowhere until Sir John commands all interested parties to gather at the murder scene, where he engineers a shocking solution to the crime.

Published in 1994.


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Writer's Plot found at http://www.writersplot.typepad.com/. This is an author collaboration blog with Sheila Connolly/Sarah Atwell, Lorraine Bartlett/Lorna Barrett, Kate Flora, Jeanne Munn Bracken, and Leann Sweeney.


Have to run a couple errands early tomorrow so I hope I can get on the computer a little sooner with a posting. Have a good night...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! Thanks for mentioning our blog!