Wednesday, July 8, 2009

out in the world again...


My great adventure of the day was going to Albertsons for groceries. Woo hoo! Wore a tennis shoe on the foot for the first time in about three weeks. I could tell I've lost muscle mass on that leg after putting it on. Did pretty okay; took my time. The only difficult-ish part was putting the groceries away -- going up and down the deck stairs was tiring. I had lunch with Jody at her place (num, Subway). Very nice to be socializing again, too. Tomorrow morning I have to go give blood for my labs and doctor appointment on Friday morning.


Otherwise it was a lovely morning, nice an cool and cloudy. I sat on the couch with the laptop and listened to the birds and had my banana and bagel for breakfast. Took a long shower and did the morning routine of lotion and so forth. Later, I did a nice little attuning meditation before heading out.


Today's Blog/Website of the Day has a wonderful name: Bookshelves of Doom found at http://bookshelvesofdoom.blogs.com/.


I'm currently reading MOTIVE FROM THE DEED by Patricia Wynn. This is 3rd of 3 in series featuring Gideon St. Mars, a viscount who becomes the highwayman Blue Satan, and his friend Mrs. Kean, in early 18th century England. All about wonderful intrigues and paranoia of the time. Here's a description:


In the fall of 1715, supporters of the Pretender James Stuart launch a revolution that threatens to overthrow George I. As a result, all Roman Catholics have been banished from the city of London and freedom of speech is greatly restricted. Accused of printing seditious pamphlets, Mrs. Kean’s brother Jeremy has been sent to Newgate prison, where he soon finds himself charged with murder. Steadfastly maintaining his innocence, Jeremy turns to the duo to help save his life. However, Mrs. Kean and Blue Satan can only uncover the motive that reveals the killer by first understanding the murderous deed.

Published in 2007; it has 343 pages.


Next to be read will be the book I picked up at the library today, THE DEVIL'S COMPANY by David Liss, just published and released this week. I also got the next couple in series for me by Michael Jecks while I was there. The library was freaking *packed* when I got there. So little parking and people everywhere. This is a good thing, of course, more people should enjoy the library, but it 'twas a hassle. No lingering in that kind of crowd.


I may watch Ghosthunters International tonight on tv. I missed Warehouse 13 last night because Tug was getting all worked up about a walk that I couldn't give him and Steve was gone at the board meeting so I took him for a drive. But that didn't do the job so I had Tug out on the deck and gave him a good brushing which did seem to calm him eventually. I don't know what to do about tonight; Steve has shooting and the earliest he could walk Tug is afterward which would be 9-ish. One possibility is for me to take Tug to a place were I could park and let him loose; there's a field in the next subdivision that may work. I'll have to see about that... I'm getting closer, I think, to being able to walk him myself again but more likely this weekend if Steve is in control of the dog and I could bail if need be.


So now I'm checking out websites and email and listening to some nice music. I've been pushing water all day but a cup of mint tea sounded good so I'm having that. There's a storm moving in, very dark in the west. A thunder-boomer would be lovely.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: