Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not very bookish morning


Blog/Website of the Day: have you been to the International Thriller Writers' page yet ... The Big Thrill? It can be found at http://www.thrillerwriters.org/. Each month they do a little "ezine" of upcoming books and stuff about authors. Go visit.


Didn't read much last night unfortunately so hope to get some good time in today. The Karin Slaughter, UNDONE, is suiting my mood -- giving me a little hiatus from the historical mysteries -- with a quick (rude?) slap of contemporary crime. I went a little further on the walk last night and talked to some neighbors on the way back who had heard about my little adventures. The evening was just gorgeous out.


Having a lazy morning, slow breakfast of english muffin, yogurt and tea and SunnyD. I have the windows open to let in the cool air before it hits the 90s this afternoon. Backyard neighbor has just started the buzz saw to continue working on his new deck. A sprinkler is going across the street that keeps hitting the metal drain pipe every 5 seconds, breaking the rhythm. I've checked the online headlines and nothing really grabbing my attention.


Steve is still sleeping; Tug is napping on the floor here in the living room. Later, I'll do bedding and towels laundry and vacuum up and down. Looks like nothing exciting on tv so maybe we'll finally watch the Wanted DVD. I'll think about what to have for dinner later ... I wouldn't mind sandwiches from out or something simple like that.


Well, I think I'll go hop in the shower and get going for the day. Sorry the sidetrack from book topics this morning ... back to the regularly scheduled programming probably tomorrow. :)


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: