Thursday, September 4, 2008

090408

Time to get out from under whatever black cloud I'm experiencing. Last night while Steve and I were at the MS150 registration/dinner, my car was broken into. They got my wallet. I'm only out $6 and whatever change -- I don't have credit cards -- but I have to go through the hassle of getting a new driver's license -- expires next year so it was coming due and had an old address -- but I also had to cancel my bank account because they got my checkbook and I can't get a new account until I get a new license. I wasn't the only one though, Steve went back to see if my wallet got dumped anywhere; he said there were two cop cars there on a report of someone getting into a car to get a bag. I did report this to the cops today and with little luck of success, he said he was going to go look again for my wallet in the dumpsters and talk to the officers from last night's call. I'm having a bad week; maybe I need to do some kind of cleansing ceremony to clean away this bad luck. Sheesh.

Work: Finalizing draft for the PVP Annual Report.

TV: Last night of the convention. I thought Palin did fantastically well. And she must be scaring the pants off the other side; I just spoke to my Dem friend and she couldn't say much nice which is really unusual for her - she's usually quite fair. I certainly was when I gave her my opinions last week for their party. I want to see the McCain/Palin team elected in November and in the office in January. Done with the politics of the day, sorry about that but I'm just excited.

Reading: Won't get much done again today. Good thing I'm a couple books ahead on the month. I have to replace my beloved library card hopefully today. Damn, I had that number memorized, too.

So just getting through another day. I can't renew my license today because I forgot to grab my birth certificate on the way out this morning so that is first thing tomorrow -- they open at 7:00am. They were very nice at the credit union this morning going through the process of explaining what happened, verifying code words so I could at least stop any future checks or withdrawals. I should write a letter to the supervisors praising them.

So for now ... more later as it happens.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: