Friday, September 5, 2008

090508

Good news, my wallet was found completely by chance. It was on a roof of a building that had been cleaned up there a couple days ago and the crew had gone up yesterday to check on it. No other reason for anyone to be on the roof at any time. Providence. I figure the thief tossed it up there rather than toss it in a dumpster which could probably be found fairly quickly if the cops were scoping the area before trash day downtown whenever that is. My cash and a couple cards only were missing which were probably lost in the fling. I have my photos back, my driver's licence, my soc sec card, gas card. Pretty much I only lost my parking garage card thingy, my library card, and health insurance card -- they were probably not in the wallet securely. So I don't have to renew my license and that whole mess. I'm going to keep with the plan of changing my bank account even though my checkbook was recovered. For some reason, Steve has been angry with me over this -- that I wasn't having a big enough reaction to this. Yeah, I was mad, but would getting hysterical undo it or help get done what had to be done next? Not really. And I'm sure the allergy drug is having an effect on my highs and lows as well. Can't win sometimes. The interesting thing with my wallet is that there were drink tickets in it that did not come from me. So I'm wondering if the person who did this was at the MS150 dinner. A clue a clue!

Work: PVP annual report. You know, Zyrtec is quite magical in that it has blunted my system to the point that when Sandi is in a mood, I don't care. We're back to working all day on Fridays. This week won't be bad because of the holiday on Monday making it a shorter week. Next week we'll be feeling it -- and then some because it's a concert week and I'm told they're bad plus we'll be working all day Saturday so next week is a 6 day week plus double on Saturday. Ugh.

TV: I have Say Yes to the Dress to remember to watch tonight. Last night, I thought McCain did well given his limitations in that forum -- he's more comfortable in a town hall setting of give and take rather than a straight speech. So moving when he talked about being a POW and the self-centered young man he was before and how he fell in love with his country while being a prisoner in another. You just know and feel the emotion behind it and that he means every word. I got teary when he plaintively said "Fight with me; fight with me!" He's a do-er not a speaker. I prefer that in a leader.

Reading: Now I can make up time from the week so back to RED KNIFE by William Kent Krueger. So I'll be getting back on track for book info on a more regular basis.

Tomorrow is going to be hectic. I've got to get Tug to the kennel way early in the morning. Steve's first leg of the bike ride begins at 8 am (the first wave goes then, there will be three others after that so Steve could be going a bit later) so we have to meet up at Pierce RV by 7:30. The ride should take, what, four hours? We'll probably check into the hotel in the later afternoon. I'll be driving the truck as some kind of support vehicle but there will apparently be support stations every 12 miles for the riders. Sunday, I believe it starts at the same time which is why we're staying up there instead of coming back home -- the drive up would make it too early in the morning. Steve is taking this afternoon off to get stuff together for his ride.

So not really much of a weekend ahead.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: