Tuesday, September 30, 2008

093008

Work: Busy all day with the invitations mailing - the master mailing list, the envelopes, the insert regarding the food sponsorship. Sandi has been very pleasant the past couple days. I wonder if it has anything to do with JodyB out of the office. I can't last. For some reason I was just brain dead by the end of the day

TV: I have to remember to watch Fringe tonight. Last night I hadn't realized the season premiere of Chuck was starting. What a great, hip show. I love the in jokes that aren't explained; either you know the reference to Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome or you just don't. Love it. The Steelers squeaked a win so their was peace in the house for the most part last night.

Reading: Well now I'm in a dilemna of sorts: I've started a couple books -- I'm not counting the audio I'm listening to -- but I had to pick up a couple holds from the library. These are of course 14-day books therefore have to become the priority. Good thing, yes, but also a not so good thing. The library books are THE WHISKEY REBELS by David Liss who is always good for deep historical crime fiction and COMPANY OF LIARS by Karen Maitland about the plague years. I'll do the blurbs on them tomorrow. I also have the audio newly acquired from the library of THE MONSTER OF FLORENCE by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi, nonfiction and very popular. So much that has to jump forward in the queu. And watch, everything will actually be good so that I can't just move on. Grrr.

The little dilemna I have is that I received an email from the ED of one of the jobs I sent in a resume for. She said they'll be doing interviews next week and btw did I realize the job was only 3/4 time and not full? I replied I didn't but I said that I would be brazen and ask how much the salary was. She replied that it was only $2000 less than what I'm making now and could be negotiable with the right person. So my dilemna is should I try for this job and maybe get it to be the equal of what I'm making now and only work, say, Monday through Thursday and make use of the extra day to work on home projects like the workbook which would be handy for the class in July or just to be published and the website? But can I leave the Symphony like this? What if everything aligned with the planets and I could convince both places that I could do both jobs part time and be a bit ahead in the salary department with tough economic times a-comin' but not have that extra day and just do that stuff in the evenings and weekends? I'm not opposed to doing the Symphony part time and I wonder if Sandi would be open -- my predecessor was only part time and did Development and Marketing in that time. I don't think Sandi knows exactly what to do with a fulltime Development Director so maybe this would relieve some pressure on her for that as well as me. I wish I had a crystal ball for not only the future but to be able to play out the possible alternative scenarios to see which is the best one. Some heavy duty thinking.

Steve is out at the range tonight helping them clean up the clubhouse for some kind of major work being done on it this weekend. Tomorrow night and possible the next he will be helping coach the shooting class and he will be helping again on Saturday.

Tug is at my feet breathing on my toes. We had a good walk until our driveway when he saw a rabbit and took off. I had to let go the leash or suffer the consequences. Steve got him back from across the street a ways. Silly dog. I'm sure right now he's thinking to himself: Damn, I thought I got her away from staring at a stupid screen but here she is doing it upstairs too.

So for the rest of the evening, I've got tv and book auditions to hold. Glad I was able to get this entry in before the day was done. End of September. On to October -- isn't that just weird how fast the year is going? It's going to Thanksgiving and Christmas before we know it. Dang.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: