Thursday, September 18, 2008

091808

Work: Sandi is out of the office so we're able to play some music and get stuff done.

Reading: Getting close to finishing THE KEEPSAKE. Have I liked it? Yes, because I do like the archeology angle of this one. Seems to be less happening though in solving a crime. Next up could be the other 14-day book from the library, the legal debut, but I don't know if I'm in the mood. I haven't read a histmyst in such a long time and I need to get back to my regular series. And I have to consider to what to take along for the trip to Helena. Paperbacks would be easier.

TV: I don't think I have anything.

So not much going on. M&D are off to North Dakota today; Erik will be home with Emmitt. I have tomorrow off because of the long day last Saturday for the concert. I have to get groceries, change the oil on the car, get some cash for the trip, could look for some clothes, figure out what I'm taking... Okay, and I've now printed out directions how to get to the hotel and I have my itinerary for the conference.

This evening, perhaps I'll sit down and finish the Gerritsen. Last night I did a little web surfing on the laptop for a bit. Just not enough time to get stuff done.

Later: Had a good evening. Read a quickie chick lit called LIKE A CHARM by Candace Havens. I think I was in the mood for fluffy and this was definitely that. Steve has been downstairs playing computer games and Tug is now sleeping outside the bedroom door. We both walked Tug after work (Steve actually beat me home so I know he made an effort), didn't have too fancy of a dinner and then I read this book in the next 2 1/2 hours. It was warm today (in the 80s) and the evening was just about perfect. Since I don't have to work tomorrow I don't have to race the clock but I'll keep my usual morning schedule because 1) Steve will up getting ready and making all kinds of noise and 2) Tug needs to have the same schedule as I will be leaving to run errands. Uups, now Tug is on the bed with me. He'll have to vacate the space when Steve comes to bed. Next up to read I'd say has to be a histmyst. I'm having withdrawals. :)

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: