Wednesday, September 10, 2008

091008

One of our sponsors brought by coffee for everyone in the office today. Whoo boy was it double caffeine or what? It didn't taste too strong but wow, it packed a punch. Reminds of me of the Overhead Door convention in April when I hadn't had caffeine in my system for months and HAD to have something to keep me awake in the meetings and that was a jolt; I didn't think I'd sleep for a week! Okay, that's an exaggeration.

Work: working on the parties this Saturday and whatever things Sandi comes up with.

Reading: Still on the Larsson. Sorry I'm not progressing more quickly.

TV: I think I don't have anything. Cool.

After work I have to go get some groceries at Walmart. Then walk Tug then dinner of soup 'cause it's a cold-ish dark day. Steve goes shooting tonight so I won't see him until afterward. So maybe I can get some good reading in; finishing the Larsson is my goal.

JodyO has an interview tomorrow with MDA to be their area manager. They've had a lot of turnover in that position in the past year she says so she's a little leery. She's asking for a big chunk for a salary so I don't know if she'll get it. She said she's interested in it because she doesn't want to leave Billings -- I know she's applied for jobs in Missoula and NY. She wants to be out of the YAM very badly so I expect she'll jump at the first offer wherever it is. I don't want her to leave here but I do want her to be happy and if it means leaving here, I have to support that. Basically she needs to make more money (don't we all) but in her case, right now she's being the sole support so figure whatever salary she's making is really cut in half. I think she'd do well as the area manager -- it's a big national organization therefore money would never be a problem in getting paid. Basically, the local satellite offices are there to make money so you don't really have executive powers other than managing the other employees (she thinks there are four in the Billings office) and making sure the fundraising events go well. She promised she'd call me tomorrow after her interview. She joked that I would be applying this job now. I said nope, I gotta stick where I'm at because I'm starting my own nonprofit next year of which to be executive director.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: