Friday, September 12, 2008

091208

Work: taking care of business as tomorrow is concert day. Also did some brainstorming on the next Annual Fund drive. Looking at last year (when I wasn't working here) the letter that got sent out was sooooo long even going into two pages. People don't read them, point blank. I want to do a brochure looking thing with very little put emotional wording. We'll see if it makes it past Sandi.

Reading: I wound up not reading much due to working out for an hour and then getting too tired to make to 10. So very close now to finishing the Larsson. I'll have to make up for lost time maybe next weekend.

TV: none tonight for me.

I'm going to BST's The Producers tonight with Mom. I don't like this musical but Pat Schindele is in it and I love him and who knows how many more shows he's going to do? I first fell in love with this man when I was in grade school and we went to see Jesus Christ Superstar (my favorite) at Rocky Mountain College Bowl outside and I'd say he was in his late 20s to early 30s. He was Jesus and just simply blew me away with his voice and the looks in a guy that I go for (tall dark and handsome). Then over the years I got to work with him on shows and grew to know him as just a sweet guy who is good to talk to and joke with. I first worked with him in Oklahoma! when I was in the chorus but then over the years I got off stage performance-wise and assistant directed/stage managed a few shows with him such as The Mystery of Edwin Drood and The Fantasticks. And I've seen him in other productions such as Man of La Mancha where his voice just soars. He sang at my wedding and blew them away there too with the Lord's Prayer (my triumph!). We're both older now and even though I can't stand the show, I will watch it because of him. Other good actors are in it as well: Vint Lavender and Kelly Martin. An excellent evening in store for me. Dinner and walking Tug will have to be quick.

Tomorrow, I don't know if I'll get a chance to blog. My day starts at 9-ish in the morning and goes until 11 or so at night. My one hope is for some kind of break in the afternoon so I can sneak to the book sale at the church.

That's about it...
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: