Saturday, September 27, 2008

092708

It's Saturday!!

So I took Tug for his morning inspection of the neighborhood and then I jumped on the downstairs computer. I was expecting it sometime, but Paul Newman has died. What a great. I've been reading some emails, surfing around the Net.

I think today I may go to the library. The SQL programming book I was going to buy is actually there so I don't have to spend the money. I know I know, fun reading, yeah? There's method to my madness -- I would like to be a little more prepared if a job I'm going after calls me (fingers crossed because it would pay well and be very stable). It would be nice to stop by the used book store but I'll have to play that one by ear. I know there's a nap in my future because I don't think I slept very well; it felt like I was waking up frequently.

TV: The debate went well last night. On to the VPs on Thursday. Tonight, I don't think anything is pressing; Steve will want to watch the new Cops episode. I have some online tv watching to do. I completely spaced but couldn't have watched it anyway on Tuesday night the show Fringe. But the Fox website has full episodes posted so I can catch up on that episode as well as the pilot that I missed. There are other shows I'd like to catch up on through the Internet that are available for free on www.fancast.com. But maybe I should just limit myself to trying to complete the Fringe shows.

Reading: Oh so close to finishing the Susanna Gregory. It will be today for sure. By the way, I haven't posted yet the first paragraph:
Cambridge, Pentecost 1355
Dawn was not far off. The half-dark of an early-June night was already fading to the silver greys of morning, and the Fen-edge town was beginning to wake. Low voices could be heard along some of the streets as scholars and friars left their hostels to attend prime, and an eager cockerel crowed its warning of impending day. Matthew Bartholomew, Master of Medicine and Fellow of Michaelhouse, knew he had lingered too long in Matilde's house and that he needed to be careful if he did not want to be seen. He opened her door and looked cautiously in both directions, before slipping out and closing it softly behind him. Then he stroke briskly, aiming to put as much distance between him and his friend as possible. He knew exactly what people would say if they saw him leaving the home of an unmarried woman -- some would say a courtesan -- at such an unseemly time.
This histmyst has 464 pages. Next up is THE CHARDONNEY CHARADE by Ellen Crosby. Oh and the Learn SQL in 10 Minutes book.

I came across the job description of one of the jobs I'm trying for quite by accident on Thursday. I went to the RMC website to look up who to contact about potential interns for the Symphony. The description was there and involves grants so I though, what the heck, couldn't hurt. But it is a plus if one can offer SQL programming so I can at least get familiar with the basics to be a better candidate. I'm trying to send positive messages to the universe about this one. The job would be a closer commute, a place that I love and graduated from, very stable in environment and probably much better pay in these tough economic times no matter gets into office in November. The biggest mark against me though is my short employment in recent years with places. But no one as asked me yet what would make me stay and I would gladly and honestly answer: no one has offered me enough of a salary that would make it impossible for me to leave and I'm not asking for the moon. So anyway, we'll see about this one.

I should get some laundry going. On with the day.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: